All Things Camping

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Things Camping is just that a one stop forum to discuss, discover, and find All Things Camping.

I forgot my password

Supporters

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Latest topics

» Building tarp tents
The true Reason for the site EmptySat Oct 14, 2023 7:31 am by jeffcpr

» Hyponatremia - I was get there fast.
The true Reason for the site EmptyThu Oct 12, 2023 9:23 am by jeffcpr

» Water Treatment info
The true Reason for the site EmptyThu Oct 12, 2023 9:11 am by jeffcpr

» My first Trip is in the books
The true Reason for the site EmptyTue Sep 26, 2023 8:06 pm by jeffcpr

» OK my first full trip is this weekend
The true Reason for the site EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 12:23 pm by jeffcpr

» A new inflatable RTT
The true Reason for the site EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 2:58 pm by jeffcpr

» $200 off the Bobcat 500 Tent
The true Reason for the site EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 1:31 pm by jeffcpr

» Roof top tent and trailer
The true Reason for the site EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 12:01 pm by jeffcpr

» A blank canvas to work with
The true Reason for the site EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 4:57 pm by jeffcpr

» Another review of the Gossamer One
The true Reason for the site EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 9:05 am by jeffcpr

The true Reason for the site

jeffcpr
    jeffcpr
    Admin

The true Reason for the site Empty The true Reason for the site

Post by jeffcpr Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:17 pm

Ok so here it is the true reason for this site. I have been on a quests to find all the needed camping gear I would need for up and coming adventure of Bike Packing. I have been camping as a kid and pretty much my whole life. Of course things change and camping has become a distant memory, but that does not mean I don't miss it. As I get ready to turn 50 I find the need to make sure I don't lose the adventures side of myself. Backpacking is something I always wanted to do and never did, Mountain biking is something I loved to do but never thought of spending more than a few hours doing it. So it seemed right to marry the 2 and start my new adventure reliving the joy of mountain biking and the new activity of Backpacking.

Now as I kind of mentioned it has been years since I have been camping and because of this it is time to get re-acclimated to this wonderful activity. I will need everything from tent, to a bike and everything in-between. So I started this site as I will be able to share my adventures in Bike Packing as well as Camping overall with others. I will also be able to glean information from other people as well. I know that in time this site will grow like the FTFF has and when that happens the exchange of information will be great. So I started this to share my adventure and new found knowledge (as I learn things) but also to still info. as well. My reinvent the wheel, just use what others have proven to work.

So I will be share my new found knowledge as I go through this process. I will share what I learn about different types of tents, about different stoves and backpacks. And I hope you will share with me your knowledge and experiences as well. As the say in mountain biking "Keep the rubber side down". Cool

Troutbum likes this post