All Things Camping

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Things Camping is just that a one stop forum to discuss, discover, and find All Things Camping.

I forgot my password

Supporters

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Latest topics

» Building tarp tents
Looks like I might have found a first ride EmptySat Oct 14, 2023 7:31 am by jeffcpr

» Hyponatremia - I was get there fast.
Looks like I might have found a first ride EmptyThu Oct 12, 2023 9:23 am by jeffcpr

» Water Treatment info
Looks like I might have found a first ride EmptyThu Oct 12, 2023 9:11 am by jeffcpr

» My first Trip is in the books
Looks like I might have found a first ride EmptyTue Sep 26, 2023 8:06 pm by jeffcpr

» OK my first full trip is this weekend
Looks like I might have found a first ride EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 12:23 pm by jeffcpr

» A new inflatable RTT
Looks like I might have found a first ride EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 2:58 pm by jeffcpr

» $200 off the Bobcat 500 Tent
Looks like I might have found a first ride EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 1:31 pm by jeffcpr

» Roof top tent and trailer
Looks like I might have found a first ride EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 12:01 pm by jeffcpr

» A blank canvas to work with
Looks like I might have found a first ride EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 4:57 pm by jeffcpr

» Another review of the Gossamer One
Looks like I might have found a first ride EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 9:05 am by jeffcpr

Looks like I might have found a first ride

jeffcpr
    jeffcpr
    Admin

Looks like I might have found a first ride Empty Looks like I might have found a first ride

Post by jeffcpr Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:37 am

Way back when I was younger I had a friend that wanted to do a bike ride from Newport Harbor to San Diego. The ride would be an 88 mile trip and the plan was to camp out for one night on the beach before finishing the ride to San Diego and taking the train back home. Well this was many years ago and we did not end up doing. Instead we ended up in Joshua Tree and did some rock climb (for me my first time).

I was thinking about this just the other day and thought hey I think I need to look into this. Still a lot of research to do but I found the route. It is 88.55 miles and looks like it has some pretty big climbs over all. There are a few campsites along the way as well. Looks like most are reserve types but there is also a few rest areas as well in San Onofre. I will need to look in to this as the rest areas are listed as Bathrooms #12 and #13, with Picnic benches. I am sure you can camp out but it will be something to learn about.

Google Maps says by bike it just under 8 hours. In my current condition that means it will take me the better part of 3 to 4 days Razz That is ok we all start some where and this is looking more promising as I look into it more. I have a lot of preparing to do, and I have time on my side right now. This is now on my list and I will share the Big Bear trail plans with you all later. cheers
    Looks like I might have found a first ride Nptosd10

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:48 pm