All Things Camping

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Things Camping is just that a one stop forum to discuss, discover, and find All Things Camping.

I forgot my password

Supporters

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Latest topics

» Building tarp tents
What seasons can your tent handle EmptySat Oct 14, 2023 7:31 am by jeffcpr

» Hyponatremia - I was get there fast.
What seasons can your tent handle EmptyThu Oct 12, 2023 9:23 am by jeffcpr

» Water Treatment info
What seasons can your tent handle EmptyThu Oct 12, 2023 9:11 am by jeffcpr

» My first Trip is in the books
What seasons can your tent handle EmptyTue Sep 26, 2023 8:06 pm by jeffcpr

» OK my first full trip is this weekend
What seasons can your tent handle EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 12:23 pm by jeffcpr

» A new inflatable RTT
What seasons can your tent handle EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 2:58 pm by jeffcpr

» $200 off the Bobcat 500 Tent
What seasons can your tent handle EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 1:31 pm by jeffcpr

» Roof top tent and trailer
What seasons can your tent handle EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 12:01 pm by jeffcpr

» A blank canvas to work with
What seasons can your tent handle EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 4:57 pm by jeffcpr

» Another review of the Gossamer One
What seasons can your tent handle EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 9:05 am by jeffcpr

What seasons can your tent handle

jeffcpr
    jeffcpr
    Admin

What seasons can your tent handle Empty What seasons can your tent handle

Post by jeffcpr Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:06 am

So like the Float Tube Fishing Forum this site was built for a few reasons.  One of the main reasons is I have a need to learn more about something I have passion in.  This time it is about camping and I hope that those that find it worth while are willing to learn and show other what they have learned as well.  So hear is something I though I understood but after looking in to it more I really understand I did not now this.  Tents are rated as $ season tents or 3 season tents so what does that mean .... well here is the quick explanation. - 3-season tents provide lightweight, breathable canopies that are suitable for most excursions and offer protection against wind and rain. 4-season tents are designed for intense winter weather. Heavier than the 3-season option, they offer protection against storm winds and heavy snow.

The long and short of it for the 4 season tent is as follows - Four-season tents use nylon fabric instead of mesh to seal in warmth and prevent drafts and drifting snow from seeping into the interior cocoon. They also tend to have more guy-out points, higher-denier materials, and more venting options than their three-season brethren.

And the long and short of a 3 season tent - 3-season tents are designed primarily to keep your pack light while still offering protection from bugs, wind and rain. Because of this, they're often built of lighter fabrics and feature more mesh for breathability and airflow.

3 season tent with more mess and lighter weight.
    What seasons can your tent handle 3seaso10

4 season with less mess and more weight.
    What seasons can your tent handle 4seaso10

So I think I understand I need a good 3 season tent and that is what I will keep looking for. Hope this helps and please let us know what you think.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:37 pm